Online job interviews can be stressful for both parties. The person applying for a job will naturally be nervous about his or her virtual performance. However, interviewers may also wonder if they’ve made a good impression on a job candidate, especially if the position is specialized and suitable candidates are in short supply.
The good news is that you can eliminate a lot of the stress surrounding job interviews with a bit of preparation and practice. Here are some tips to get you started on the right foot.
Tips for Job Candidates
Are you looking for a job? If so, put your best foot forward by preparing ahead of time:
- Check your equipment beforehand to ensure your microphone and video camera are working well.
- Choose a spot with good lighting and a professional background.
- Choose your clothes ahead of time and make sure they’re clean and ironed.
- Eat before (or after) the interview. Bringing food or beverages to the table is unprofessional.
- Research the company and position. Be prepared to ask questions as well as to answer them.
Tips for Interviewers
If you’re interviewing a job candidate, you can prepare ahead of time by doing the following:
- Review the job application and create a list of questions you want to ask.
- Check your equipment in advance to make sure everything is working properly.
- Communicate with coworkers who may be participating in the interview. Decide ahead of time who will ask certain questions, share certain information, etc.
- Be prepared to answer questions about salary, benefits, expected work schedule, precautions taken to prevent the spread of COVID-19, etc.
- If you’re conducting the interview from home, make sure you have a professional background and dress appropriately for the interview. A sloppy background puts the company in a bad light.
Creating a Welcoming Atmosphere for New Workers
If you’re conducting a virtual interview from your company office, be prepared to showcase a professional office setup to attract top-tier workers. A clean, sanitized, organized work environment is sure to impress anyone who is serious about advancing his or her career.
BostoncleaN makes this task easy by offering personal protective equipment, NanoSeptic self-cleaning surfaces, and air purifiers to keep your work environment 100% sanitized at all times. We use only the highest-quality materials and supplies to ensure your office environment is safe for your valuable staff members during this challenging time. Check out our offerings at your convenience, or place an order to discover why companies throughout the area are turning to BostoncleaN to meet their office PPE and sanitation needs.