According to a survey by the National Coffee Association, 64 percent of Americans drink a cup of coffee every day. That figure is up 2 percent from 2017. In the office setting, one of the first things an employee looks for is coffee. As one of the world’s most sought-after beverages, there are quite a few health benefits:
- Improved energy levels – Caffeine tends to function as a “pick-me-up” when people are feeling tired. Studies have shown that coffee can help improve energy, memory and more.
- Burns fat – Caffeine has been known to help burn fat and boost metabolism.
- Improved physical performance – When you have improved energy, a higher rate of physical performance usually follows. When caffeine burns fat, it turns fatty acids into fuel.
- Lowered risk of diabetes – Drinking coffee could reduce the risk for Type 2 diabetes. Studies have shown that one cup of coffee per day can reduce the risk of Type 2 diabetes by up to 7%.
- Offers liver protection – Drinking coffee may help protect the liver by preventing cirrhosis. Statistics show that people drinking 4 or more cups a day may lower the risk by 80%.
- Helps fight depression – Coffee functions as a way to increase energy. When there are high levels of energy, the chances of being depressed are lessened.
Coffee has also been linked to lowering Parkinson’s disease, and may also offer protection from strokes, Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Knowing how coffee can help the body protect itself while providing other beneficial results may be a primary reason why coffee is the beverage of choice for so many people.
BostonBeaN Coffee Company specializes in a variety of coffee selections for every palate, carrying the brands you know and love with choices like cold brew, fresh brew, Nespresso, Keurig, Fresh Cup Pod System, and more. We also have a wide selection of machines to brew coffee of any kind.
For more information on coffee as a healthy beverage and how the team can help you provide the best for your employees, contact an associate at BostonBeaN Coffee Company today at 1-800-HIT-BREW (800-448-2739).