If you work in an office, chances are you have a breakroom or kitchen. No matter the number of employees, it’s important to have one. Today’s office kitchens have gone beyond a standard refrigerator, table and chairs. They have become creative spaces where employees can lounge, relax and mingle. One of the most important elements of these kitchens is the pantry.
Since the office pantry is a hub of activity, there are a few essentials no pantry should be without:
- Caffeine – Whether it’s coffee, tea or hot chocolate, employees look for this type of pick-me-up throughout the day. A coffeemaker and hot water dispenser are must-haves. When providing this benefit to employees, sugar, cream and stirrers should be handy. There are even some offices that go the extra mile with Keurig or espresso machines.
- Microwave – Many employees choose to bring their lunch to work even if there is a café on premises. Nothing is better than being able to heat up your food and have a hot meal at lunch.
- Dishware/Cutlery – Disposable cutlery and plates are an absolute. This comes in handy for employees who need a plate to heat up their food, for visitors who need a cup or cutlery, and for those office functions where food is being served. It’s convenient, employees can clean up after themselves, and the kitchen will be free from clutter and mess.
- Snacks – This is definitely a perk, but many offices see this as an expense they can’t go without. Providing snacks like ready-to-eat soup packets, cookies, fruit and snack bars make a difference – especially if the employees must come in very early or stay late. It helps keep up morale and high levels of productivity.
- Condiments – Have you ever gone to get food or warmed up your food from home and forgot the salt? How about the butter, ketchup or mayo? Having this on hand is very convenient.
- Refrigerator – A refrigerator serves several purposes. It keeps food chilled until lunchtime; cold milk handy for coffee, tea and cereal; and cold juices ready to drink.
A pantry service is one way to ensure your pantry is always well stocked for your employees and guests. BostonBeaN Coffee Company services companies of all sizes in the Boston area, adapting to consistently evolving office spaces. For more information, contact an associate today at 1-800-HIT-BREW (800-448-2739).